Thursday, March 5, 2015

My Favorite Place to fly Cont..

Well, the wait is finally over. I am finally going to reveal one of my favorite places to fly to. I don't know how you were able to contain your excitement while waiting. In my mind I feel like i'm generating Apple level excitement. But, in all reality it is probably just my mom reading this. Hi mom!

Alright, enough waiting. The video I posted in the last post as a clue was taken on our trip to Galveston, TX! What an awesome place. Our approach into Galveston was awesome. Just look at the pictures below and you will understand why.



We chose to do a the visual approach instead of the GPS. Mainly because the GPS approach took us 12 miles over the Gulf of Mexico and everyone knows that is a terrible idea in a single engine plane. You don't do that unless you have to. Plus we got this great view on our approach.







During our stay at Galveston we had a lot of down time due to a high overcast (pictured below.)  I know it doesn't look like much. But, those clouds were right where we would be flying and like I said before clouds + camera = bad pictures. Bad pictures = unhappy clients. Unhappy clients = fired pilot. So bad situation all around.


And yes, we got to play putt putt. Putt Putt is what us southerners call miniature golf. I channeled my inner Tiger Woods. Not current Tiger though, I'd say young Tiger when he was a beast


Alex (the photographer) and myself both agreed that we would never fly this. whoever would is crazy. Absolutely crazy.


Now, I would fly this bad boy. The picture below is a Grumman Gulfstream 1 (G-159), this plane was awesome, it was love at first sight. If the owner of this plane is reading this. Hire me!





While in Galveston, we ate at a local restaurant that had the best Philly Cheesesteak I have ever had. I have eaten Philly Cheesesteaks all over the country including Philly, and this was hands down the best one! Philly you are on notice step your game up!!

Think my favorite places are boring? Let me know where your favorite places to fly to are!

p.s flying commercial doesn't count! General Aviation only!

No comments:

Post a Comment